5 Reasons to Use Google Adwords
If you’ve been working on your content strategy and inbound marketing with not much avail, it might be of use to consider Google Ads. Even if your sales or engagement has been good, google ads would be a great way to reach a new audience.
1) The great thing about google ads is that it offers options to capture attention at every stage of the buyer’s journey and Google has a massive reach. There’s ad options for each stage: awareness, consideration, and decision. For example, if you want to create awareness in town about your new bakery, you can use a CPM bid, focusing on impressions locally. If you want to pay only when someone fills out a lead form on your website, you can use a CPA bid- cost per acquisition.
2) GoogleAds has many useful features to increase your ROI on the ad. For example, extensions (a submenu below your ad linking to different pages on your website or location or a phone number) yield an average 10-15% increase in click-through-rate for each type of extension implemented. Googleads also automatically helps to track when your ad is working best and never bids over your budget amount. You can also target the ads specifically to your audience, whether it be a local region, a certain demographic, or for specific keywords.
3) You can track and remarket to people who have already visited your website. For example, for people have visited your website in the last month, you could create a targeted campaign just for this audience with a special offer, encouraging them to take action.
4) You are advertising to people who already have intent to act. Instead of general content marketing, this is direct outreach and putting yourself in the eyes of people who want to be advertised to and are looking for something specific. Your content will help them instead of interrupt them, as other types of marketing does.
5) It provides faster results than SEO. You should be working on your SEO, but this is a strategy that takes months or even years. You can just go ahead and place yourself in the beginning of the ranks by just using adwords.
Google Adwords has very affordable bids. Start with using keyword planner and your analytics to determine ads and make sure your google adwords and google analytics are connected so that you can track how those conversions interact with your page. Get started with a manager that knows SEO, knows how to bid and strategize based off of the analytics, and someone who knows how to create a Google-approved ad and landing page to impress once those clicks and conversions happen.
Written by Catherine Williams, Founder of Terra Digital Media
Terra Digital Media creates personalized digital marketing packages for small businesses & organizations that are changing the world. Many small businesses and organizations don’t have the resources to hire full-time staff to help achieve their marketing goals & mission. This is where we come in! We create a personalized digital marketing package to help achieve your organization’s needs.